Today’s Prompt: Activities / Hobbies That Build Hope: What activities or hobbies do you participate in that help build hope for you?
1. I am one of Jehovah’s Witnesses and therefore attend weekly congregation meetings. I also engage in a volunteer Bible education work that teaches people about the Bible and answers any questions they have. Eg. What is the purpose of life? Why do we suffer? Why do we grow old and die? How to cope with life’s problems? How to find true happiness? etc.
This I feel gives me the greatest hope. It’s at the meetings that I’m taught about God’s Kingdom and what it will do in the very near future to rid mankind of all of life’s problems – including Migraine and other headache diseases (Isaiah 33:24). Each time I participate in the Bible education work, which allows me to share comfort from the scriptures with others, it sounds it down even further on my heart. I also receive joy as I see the hope that develops in the individual studying.
2. I love to plan parties. Especially for other people i.e. baby/wedding showers, anniversary/going away parties or just gatherings with friends or family etc.
This is a difficult one because I’m ALWAYS in pain and I ALWAYS take on too much. When I’m in the throws of execution I think, “How did I end up here again?” But when everything falls into place and the guest of honor is happy, I’m happy. Even if I have to retire to my room and repent. In fact, my hubby and I had a few friends over for dinner last night…I’m repenting now lol.
3. I love to create works of art.
To make a little money, I make jewelry and I love it. Even when I’m in pain (not severe to excruciating pain), I can sit in my bed, propped up on my pillow with all my beads surrounding me and create. I also love photography. I haven’t done much of it lately because I rarely get out of the house. However, my niece recently had twin babies so my dad and I set up a mini studio in her house and took some newborn shots of the boys. When a friend of mine saw the shots she asked me to photograph her 2 year old twins and 2 month old baby, which I did. Of course in the midst of both sessions I was belting down Coca Cola while the throbbing increased, and then I spent the entire evening and following day in bed in severe pain but it was so worth it. It hurt me physically, but soothed me emotionally.
4. I love music and I love to dance. Salsa, Merengue, Bachata, ChaCha, HipHop, Reggae, Swing, Waltz, Tap…
I love it all. My mother is a performing arts teacher and when I was younger she used to organize talent pageants, so I couldn’t escape this love. When I’m well enough my husband and I love to dance together. We don’t get out much anymore so we crank up the music and boogie down at home. This brings enjoyment to my life.
5. I love “chilling” with family and friends, going to the beach, playing with my dogs and reading a good novel and I can go on but I won’t lol.
“The Migraine and Headache Awareness Month Blog Challenge is organized by the:
American Headache and Migraine Association.”